Skai Jackson’s Mum Warns Azealia Banks – The mother of teenage Disney star Skai Jackson, Kiya Cole has issued a note of warning to Azealia Banks.
How did Azealia Banks and Kiya Cole get tangled? It all began after Azealia Banks attacked former One Direction singer, Zayn Malik. Azealia hurled a bunch of racial slurs at the Pillowtalk singer, calling him “a hairy curry scented b***h” and a “Punjab.”
The rant was so extreme, Azealia lost her spot as a headline act on Rinse FM’s Born And Bred Festival. Skai Jackson thought Azealia was getting out of line too, and tweeted that she should simmer down.
Azealia was on a roll already, and turned her anger on the 14-year old. Azealia hurled insults at Skai and even dragged her mum into it, saying her mum had to perform oral sex to get her roles at Disney.
Skai wasn’t about to let a 10-year age difference between herself and Banks matter, and clapped back immediately.
Skai’s mother wasn’t impressed either, and warned Azealia Banks to be careful of what she said.
Adidas have already revealed Chelsea’s kit for the 2016/17 season, and both sides will part ways after the end of the footballing season, with Chelsea reportedly looking to Nike as a replacement.
“Chelsea Football Club can confirm we have mutually agreed with Adidas to end our longstanding partnership at the end of the 2016/17 season,” read a statement on their website.
“Having begun our relationship in 2006, we would like to thank Adidas for their fantastic support and cooperation over the past 10 years. In that time the club has lifted the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, two Premier League titles, four FA Cups and two League Cups, and we look forward to a successful final year of partnership.”
The newly elected mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, is in a politically unfriendly mood as he has criticised Donald Trump’s stance on Islam, describing it as “ignorant” and warning it could make both the United Kingdom and the United States “less safe.”
Khan, the capital’s first Muslim mayor made the comments on Tuesday after the US Presidential candidate hinted that the Londoner would be exempted from his proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States.
“Donald Trump’s ignorant view of Islam could make both our countries less safe — it risks alienating mainstream Muslims around the world and plays into the hands of the extremists,” Khan said.
“This isn’t just about me — it’s about my friends, my family and everyone who comes from a background similar to mine, anywhere in the world.”
“Donald Trump and those around him think that western liberal values are incompatible with mainstream Islam — London has proved him wrong.”
“I think to try and look for differences, to try and turn communities against each other is not conducive to living successfully and amicably,” Khan told TIME magazine in an interview published on Monday.
If Trump wins the U.S. election, Khan said, “I’ll be stopped from going there by virtue of my faith, which means I can’t engage with American mayors and swap ideas. Conservative tacticians thought those sorts of tactics would win London and they were wrong. I’m confident that Donald Trump’s approach to politics won’t win in America.”
It would be recalled, Trump, a strong candidate for the supreme position of the United States had told the New York Times on Monday that he was “happy” that Khan had been elected mayor of London.
When asked by the newspaper how his proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the country would affect Khan, Trump replied:
“There will always be exceptions.”
“I was happy to see that,” he said, referring to Khan’s win.
“I think it’s a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job because frankly that would be very, very good.”
FIFA Ban Benin Republic – The Benin Football Federation has been banned from global football by FIFA after a local court ruling halted the body’s elections.
The court ruling had prevented the body from holding its elections, and the inaugural meeting of the new FIFA Council revealed that the ban would only be repealed when the election is held and new executives are installed.
A new set of thirteen emojis have been designed by a four-team panel of Google’s engineers to better portray women who have a professional career.
The designers stated a New York Times post tagged “Emoji Feminism” as the motivation behind their new designs.
As young women are the highest users of emojis, the team hoped the new designs would “empower young women and better reflect the pivotal roles women play in the world”.
The emojis include, healthcare workers, scientists and businesswomen, women in technology, construction, farming and the food industry while the female musician emoji includes a homage to the late David Bowie – with a pink zig-zag on her face.
After she became popular, Olajumoke had dropped bread hawking for modelling, and signed for Few Model Management. It seems her modelling career hasn’t gone as she has planned, and has dumped the agency for a rival one, Beth Model Management.
According to a report, Olajumoke’s team claimed incompetency on the part of Few Model Management as the reason behind the move, saying Olajumoke hasn’t gotten any major endorsement since joining the agency, which was why she signed to them.
Carlin Q. Williams, 39, a convicted felon has come forward to claim he is Prince’s sole heir.
Williams who is serving a seven and half year jail-term was sentenced in May 2014 after pleading guilty to illegal possession of a firearm.
His lawyer’s filed the paternity claim in court which declared him the biological son and legal heir of the late Prince’s estates.
Marsha J Henson, Williams’ mother also petitioned for a court order for the genetic testing of Prince’s DNA samples. Her petition was followed by a sworn affidavit which claimed she was Williams’ biological mother and Prince was his father.
The petition was filed in Carver County District Court near Minneapolis on Monday (May, 9) where her lawyers objected the probate of the estate in which Tyka Nelson, Prince’s sister, had asserted her brother had no will and no surviving offspring.
Reggae will never be just a genre of music to me, I’ve always seen and referred to it as a culture, because it’s more than a genre. It’s a lifestyle and Bob Marley lived it to the fullest.
Robert Nesta better known as Bob Marley, served as -and still is- a source of inspiration to a-lot of artists both locally & internationally with his trouble-freeing/positive music through the popular Jamaican culture known as Reggae.
According to reports, a symptom of cancer was found under the nail of Bob Marley’s toe, and he turned down his doctors advice, to amputate the toe due to his religious beliefs and he never stopped touring even though he knew ’bout his illness.
The rastafari Bob Marley later passed on to glory on the 11th of May, 1981 at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in Miami (now University of Miami Hospital) at the age of 36 but left a strong statement i.e; “Money can’t buy life” (said it to his son Ziggy Marley).
One thing about “good” music, when it hits you, it stays with you forever, and that’s what Bob Marley’s music is about.
To celebrate his legacy, below are “some” of the classic records he released during his lifetime.
Scores were reported injured as a suicide bomber suspected to be member of Boko Haram terrorist, disguised as a worshiper and then detonated the Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) that was strapped around him, killing himself in a mosque in Sulimanti ward of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.
It was gathered that the incident, which took place at about 4:50am on Wednesday, left locals in shock and disarray as the capital of Borno, Maiduguri, has been free from explosion or gunshot for close to two months now.
Sources said, “the suicide bomber who disguised as a worshipper attempted to enter the nearby Masalacin Kofar Shehu Councillor (mosque) when Muslim faithful were performing their morning prayers, but the IEDs he was carrying exploded few metres to the mosque leaving the suicide bomber dead with few others who were about to enter the mosque injured”.
The suicide bomber suspected to be a Boko Haram terrorist was with an accomplice who escaped without detonating his IED.
It was learnt that immediately after the blast, worshippers had to desert the mosque for dear lives, before men of the Civilian JTF and military arrived the scene and cordon off the whole area.
Juventus veteran shotstopper, Gianluigi Buffon has signed a contract extension that keeps him at the club till 2018.
The Italian goalie joined the Turin club in 2001 and has gone on to make almost 600 appearances, winning seven scudetti. Meanwhile, he has made 152 appearances for Italy and lifted the World Cup in 2006.
Despite turning 38 in January, the ex-Parma man remains one of the world’s premier players in his position, and Juve’s decision to offer him a fresh deal confirms that.
“I’m immensely proud in the faith Juventus have placed in me once more,” Buffon told the press. “I hope that my fantastic story with this club will go on and bring even further success.”
There was further good news for the Italian champions on Wednesday as they also secured a contract extension for veteran centre-back Andrea Barzagli, who arrived at the club from Wolfsburg in 2011. He too has signed terms that will keep him in Turin until 2018.
“Even at this age, I still have room to improve and this is the best place for me to do so,” he commented.
President Andrea Agnelli said: “Having Buffon in our squad is a true privilege. He is so important for us on and off the field.
“I consider Barzagli to be one of the best signings we have ever made. He is a magnificent defender.”
Three soldiers attached to the Joint Military Force to protect oil facilities in the Niger Delta were confirmed dead after a gun duel with pirates and militants, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
Spokesperson for the force which is popularly known as “Operation Pulo Shield’, Colonel Isa Ado, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview that the incident occurred on Monday night.
Mr. Ado said the shooting took place in Foropa, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa, where troops had been stationed since 2010.
He said that the military patrol team was attacked by a combined team of suspected militants and sea pirates, but that the team fought gallantly to ward off the attack.
“The location came under fierce attack and three of our soldiers, who were hit by bullets, died on their way to the hospital.
“There were so many casualties on the side of the militants, but we cannot precisely know the number.
“The morale of the troops remains high and the sacrifices of these soldiers shall never be in vain; we remain resolute in our determination to stamp out oil theft and illegalities in the Niger Delta region.
“These soldiers gave their lives for peace in the Niger Delta,” Ado said.
President Muhammadu Buhari revealed that he would not be demanding for an apology from British Prime Minister, Mr. David Cameron over his diplomatic gaffe, but will have his eyes on the recovery of Nigeria’s stolen money and assets stashed in the United Kingdom.
Buhari’s statement on Wednesday morning came against the backdrop of the UK Prime minister’s description of Nigeria, along with Afghanistan as ‘fantastically corrupt’.
His words: “I am not going to demand an apology from anybody. What I am demanding is a return of assets … This is what I am asking for. What would I do with an apology? I need something tangible.”
Although, Buhari is still appalled at the unguarded and scathing remarks made by the British PM, he has, however, refused to criticise Cameron directly when he was asked about the blunder at the conference, as he has stuck to his guns of reclaiming Nigerian assets that had been fraudulently stripped from the country with the help of the United Kingdom.
Meanwhile, the Deputy Senate president Ike Ekweremadu has been pelted with harsh words from irate Nigerians on social media for asking their different opinions on Cameron’s description of Nigeria as a fantastically corrupt country.
There are strong indications that the Spokesman for the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode, may spend more nights in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
This is coming on the heels of the obtainment of a remand warrant from a court by the anti-corruption agency on Tuesday in Abuja to further keep Fani-Kayode in custody to conclude investigations on several fraud cases concerning him before he is charged to court.
Crisis is said to be brewing between APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over the refusal of the former to repay a loan of N1 billion reportedly collected from the latter during the 2015 presidential campaign, SIGNAL can report.
A source familiar with the details told SIGNAL on Monday that both political heavyweights may be heading for a showdown over the development.
According to the source who did not want to be named, Atiku loaned Tinubu the sum of N1 billion in 2015 for the financing of deficits incurred during the APC presidential campaign with a promise to repay immediately after the elections. Crisis between the two titans began when months after the election, Tinubu refused to repay the debt, rebuffing Atiku’s attempts to broach the subject.
“Both men have managed to keep the issue out of the media space because of the sensitive nature, but there is a strong bone of contention between them. The issue is that Tinubu obtained a loan of N1 billion from Atiku during the 2015 presidential campaign and promised to repay the loan after the elections, but he’s not even ready to talk about it now and Atiku is sore pissed”, the source said.
Attempts by SIGNAL to contact Sunday Dare and Paul Ibe, spokespersons to Tinubu and Atiku respectively proved abortive at the time of filing this report.
However, further checks by SIGNAL through other relevant top level sources on Monday confirmed a brewing rift between the Jagaban of Borgu and the Turaki Adamawa over the said N1 billion loan.
Former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar will be arraigned on Wednesday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja.
The country’s premier anti-graft agency made this disclosure known on its official Facebook page on Tuesday.
“Former Chief of Air Staff M D Umar Dikko to be arraigned by the EFCC tomorrow, Wednesday, May 11, 2016, before Justice Binta Murtala Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja,” the commission said.
The Air Marshal, who was Nigeria’s Chief of Air Staff between 2010 to 2012, has been implicated in the ongoing probe of Defence spending during the tenure of President Goodluck Jonathan.
It will be recalled on January 15, 2016, President Muhammadu Buhari had given the anti-graft agency the nod to beam its searchlight on the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh, former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar (2010 -2012) and the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Nunayon Amosu, for alleged fraudulent arms purchases for the Air Force between 2007 and 2015.
The EFCC will also exert the green light given by the president to investigate 16 other retired and serving military officers and 21 firms said to have been awarded the contracts.
A committee on the audit of defence equipment has confirmed that Nigeria spent about $2billion and another N29billion on NAF procurement alone during the period in question.
Malam Garba Shehu,Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity) to the President, gave the names of those to be investigated as:
(1) Air Chief Marshal A.S. Badeh (Rtd)
(2) Air Marshal M.D. Umar (Rtd)
(3) Air Marshal A.N. Amosu (Rtd)
(4) Maj-Gen. E.R. Chioba (Rtd), former Director General, Defence Industry Corporation of Nigeria (DICON)
(5) AVM I.A. Balogun (Rtd)
(6) AVM A.G. Tsakr (Rtd)
(7) AVM A.G. Idowu (Rtd)
(8) AVM A.M. Mamu (NAF Chief of Administration)
(9) AVM O.T. Oguntoyinbo (former Director of Production, Defence Headquarters)
(10) AVM T. Omenyi (MD, NAF Holdings)
(11) AVM J.B. Adigun (former Chief of Accounts and Budgeting)
(12) AVM R.A. Ojuawo (Air Force Tactical Air Command, Makurdi)
(13) AVM J.A. Kayode-Beckley (Director, Armament Research in Air Force Research and Development Centre)
(12) Air Cdre S.A. Yushau (Rtd)
(13) Air Cdre A.O. Ogunjobi
(14) Air Cdre G.M.D. Gwani
(15) Air Cdre S.O. Makinde
(16) Air Cdre A.Y. Lassa
(16) Col N. Ashinze (Special Military Assistant to former NSA Sambo Dasuki)
(17) Lt Col. M.S. Dasuki (Rtd).
2Face was originally a member of the now defunct Plantashun Boiz, but went solo and dropped his debut album, Face 2 Face, to much praise in 2004. He has gone on to become one of Africa’s biggest acts, winning a slew of awards.