MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Man City may have to pay a world-record transfer fee for a defender to have any chance of landing Juventus star Leonardo Bonucci, according to reports.
- Pep Guardiola has given his full backing to Claudio Bravo – telling his Manchester City players they must change, not the under-fire goalkeeper.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Mauricio Pochettino has warned Chelsea they have no chance of provoking Tottenham into losing their cool.
- Swansea coach Paul Clement has admitted he would be interested in signing Chelsea captain John Terry this summer if the Welsh side can avoid relegation this season.
- Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku has made himself a priority for Europe’s elite clubs after making huge strides in his overall game, admits Toffees manager Ronald Koeman.
- Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool’s injury woes cost them a shot at the Premier League title as he called for a show of “passion” to get them over the line in the race for the top four.
- Both Radio Cope and AS in Spain are reporting that Marco Asensio is a target for Liverpool.
- Ronald Koeman has declared that Everton’s late push to challenge the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United shows that the Premier League is not just about money and that the Blues are now able to compete with the division’s heavyweights.
- Everton will have a “busy and exciting summer with big investments”, the club’s chief executive Robert Elstone has declared.
- Newcastle United flop Florian Thauvin could be handed a reprieve in English football as Tottenham are reportedly interested in signing the midfielder.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves look set to complete a permanent deal for Andreas Weimann, with boss Paul Lambert stating: “I’d like to sign him.”
- Jakob Haugaard has returned to Stoke after a tough loan spell at relegation-haunted Wigan.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Martin Caceres hopes to avoid becoming the most expensive sub in Saints history by making a full first-team debut in the final weeks of the season.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- The chairman of a Hong Kong-based consortium bidding to buy Hull City has been arrested.
- Hull are aiming to boost their following for the final away game of the season by offering free coach travel for the trip to Crystal Palace on May 14.
- Wolves boss Paul Lambert comes up against Blackburn Rovers for the first time since his departure in May and admits: “it wasn’t right what was happening there”.
- Former England manager Steve McClaren says luring John Terry to the Cherries could be the move which kicks the club on to the “next level”.
- Eddie Howe is confident Tyrone Mings will quickly banish the disappointment of his recent five-match ban, by using the same mental resolve he applied to battling back from his long-term injury.
- Wes Morgan believes “everyone wants to stay” at Leicester City despite not being able to offer the club’s star players European football next season.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Garry Monk has thrown his support behind Leeds United’s nervy bid to snatch back a Championship play-off place, insisting: “I don’t envisage missing out”.
- Gary Rowett wants to keep Chris Baird at Derby County next season.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- QPR boss Ian Holloway is hoping Nedum Onuoha and Grant Hall will be able to return for this weekend’s derby at Brentford.
- Charlton have appointed Steve Gallen as head of recruitment.
- Brighton and Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed has vowed to fight for a shot at playing in the Premier League.
- Sheffield Wednesday star Jose Semedo has told journalist Alan Biggs that Cristiano Ronaldo will visit Hillsborough before the end of the season.
The post Football Headlines: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Rumors This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed