Nigeria Approves Special Courts For Hate Speech, Terrorism And Kidnapping

Featured Image

The Judicial and executive arms of the federal and state governments have agreed to designate special courts for the purposes of prosecuting purveyors of hate speeches as well as suspected terrorists and kidnappers.

This is contained in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande,

According to Mr Akande, the decision was reached at a one-day National Security Retreat organised by the National Economic Council on Thursday.

The council – chaired by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo – had the 36 states governors, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria as members.

Akande said the retreat discussed concerns about the delay in the nation’s criminal justice system and NEC members concluded that prompt action by law enforcement agencies was imperative.

In arriving at special courts for purveyors of hate speeches as well as suspected terrorists and kidnappers, he said it was resolved that the Federal Government would help states to develop a template for such courts.

He said, “NEC members urged prompt action in the arrest and prosecution of perpetrators of terrorist acts, kidnapping and purveyors of hate speeches.

“To facilitate this, the designation of special courts was also advocated and the consensus was that judicial and executive arms of the Federal and state governments will be working together to establish such courts.

“The Federal Government will also be helping states develop a template on how such special courts would be established and managed.”

The post Nigeria Approves Special Courts For Hate Speech, Terrorism And Kidnapping appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed2

Koeman: Everton Can Still Find Holes In City’s Defence

Featured Image

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says his squad can still exploit City’s defence, despite the new additions at the club.

Koeman concedes that the Manchester City squad of this season is better than the previous season, that saw City fail to get a win against Everton both home and away.

However, the Dutch manager says the high defensive line used by his former Barcelona teammate leaves room for exploitation.

“The way he likes to play is the most difficult way,” Koeman told reporters. “It’s really a pleasure to see his teams playing football.

“The Premier League is strong physically on set-plays and they try to play with a high defence and a lot of offensive players in the team.

“If you play with a high defence there is always space behind, we know that, we remember that.

“When we played City at home we punished them for that but I think with the business they did in the summer City are stronger than last year.”

The post Koeman: Everton Can Still Find Holes In City’s Defence appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Mourinho: Versatility Will Help United In Title Push

Featured Image

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho is confident his player’s versatility will play a key role in their title challenge.

United started the season in exquisite fashion, winning their first two matches against West Ham and Swansea 4-0 respectively.

Mourinho is not letting the seemingly easy victories get to his head, but trusts the versatility of his squad will prove useful.

“We had a good pre-season. We work well and we are ready to play in different systems,” he said after Saturday’s win in Wales.

“When we saw them with five at the back, we thought: ‘Let’s try to explore the advantage of playing with three up front’.

“But we are ready at any moment if we were in difficult we were ready at any moment to change and also play with three at the back.

“So we are confident with the work we did.”

The post Mourinho: Versatility Will Help United In Title Push appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Morata: I Want To Become A Key Player For Chelsea

Featured Image

Alvaro Morata has made it known he is in Chelsea to realise his full potential and become a key player for the team.

Morata was signed in the summer for £70 million from Madrid and has also played for Juventus.

The Spain international did not make enough impact at both teams to be considered a key player.

“I want to make an explosion at Chelsea,” he told Sky Sports. “I played well at Real Madrid and at Juventus, but I think I did not make the explosion that everyone expected of me. I need to be an important player for the team, for the Spanish national team.

“And I think I am at the better age and all of the best moments of my career are coming. I played good matches in the Champions League, but one a month. I need to play every weekend, score goals and play at the top level every weekend. And I work for this situation.”

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte was a key reason in the Spaniard electing to move to England.

“He was a big part of my decision when I signed with Juventus,” he said. “Antonio was the Juventus coach, but for many reasons he then left Juve.

“I feel that Antonio is a coach who has always trusted in me. That is everything for me. I spoke a lot of times with Antonio and for me he is the coach who was most interested in me.”

The post Morata: I Want To Become A Key Player For Chelsea appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Zidane Hoping For Big Year For Bale And Madrid

Featured Image

Zinedine Zidane is hoping that Gareth Bale can stay fit for the season, as he wants a big year for the forward and Madrid.

Real Madrid enjoyed a successful 2016-17 season, but Bale missed most of that with injury.

Reports have it Madrid are looking looking to sell him and bring in Mbappe, but Zidane seems to have big plans for him.

“[Bale is] good, training well and that’s the most important thing,” he told a pre-match news conference ahead of facing Deportivo la Coruna.

“He had few chances last year with four months of injury, now he’s well, he’s enjoyed very good preparation and I hope it’s an important year for him and for us.”

The post Zidane Hoping For Big Year For Bale And Madrid appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Watzke Hits Out At Barcelona , For Role In Dembele Saga

Featured Image

Borussia Dortmund CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke has lashed out at Barcelona for exerting undue influence on winger, Ousmane Dembele.

The France youngster has been involved in a transfer saga with Dortmund and was suspended for missing training without consent.

Speaking to Sky, Watzke spoke witheringly of “glorious” Barcelona, accusing the Catalan club of playing a central role in the stand-off.

“It is not that Ous is making fun of us, he simply declines to do his job. That is a new quality,” Watzke said.

“And we should talk about the role of glorious FC Barcelona in this matter.

“On Wednesday [last week] we met with Barcelona’s officials. Our positions were very far away from each other. Then, on Thursday, he did not show up at the training.

“The timing of these events is very curious. You don’t believe a 20-year-old will refuse to go to training without his possible new club liking that?”

“They must pay the fee we want for this player, who has four years left on his contract, after they received €222million for Neymar.

“If they match our requirements soon then there will be a transfer. Otherwise, there won’t be.

“Dembele would have to apologise to the team and the club. Then it is possible, of course [that Dembele has a future in Dortmund].”

The post Watzke Hits Out At Barcelona , For Role In Dembele Saga appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Governor Umahi Bans Movement Of Cows In Ebonyi

Featured Image

Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has condemned “in entirety” the movement of cattle by herdsmen on major roads in the state, adding that the government was working on legislation to criminalise the act.

Speaking on Saturday at a security meeting to review the activities of the Ebonyi State Committee on Fulani Herdsmen in Abakaliki, Umahi said the law when enacted will make it a criminal offence for anybody to move herds of cattle along major roads in any part of the state.

The governor was represented by Dr Eric Kelechi-Igwe, the Deputy Governor.

His words: “We will no longer tolerate the movement of cattle along our major roads, especially those ones that we have asphalted.

“We want to protect the lives of other road users including pedestrians and vehicular users.

“We advice that our Fulani herdsmen who rear their cattle in the state should use the cattle bush path-ways to move their flock to any location they want without bringing them to our major roads.

“We will arrest and prosecute anybody that is found violating the policy.’’

He said that the state government would do everything within its powers to ensure that herdsmen and their host communities coexist peacefully and assured residents adequate protection of lives and property.

“The reason for the existence of modern government is to provide and guarantee security of lives and property of every citizen, and also to provide and maintain critical infrastructure.

“There must be love, peaceful and harmonious existence among members of the various culture, tribes and religions existing in the state.

“The whole essence of our gathering is to take stock and harp on those issues that will strengthen the peace existing between us as well as unite us,’’ he added.

NAN quoted him as directing local government chairmen to inaugurate the local government area committees on herdsmen.

He said that the committees would assist the state government in ensuring that there were no hitches from the activities of herdsmen and farmers.

“The local government area chairmen will go back to their domains and inaugurate local government committees on herdsmen, who will meet regularly to review activities of the herdsmen and farmers and report to the state committee.

“The initiative is to create robust synergy between the state and local governments to enable free information flow and urgent intervention in any event of infractions between farmers and herdsmen,’’ the governor said.

The post Governor Umahi Bans Movement Of Cows In Ebonyi appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed2

We Are Recruiting 5,000 Fighters To Evict Hausa, Yoruba From Niger Delta Region

Featured Image

John Duku, the leader of the Coalition of Niger Delta Agitators, has said that the coalition will recruit over 3,000 to 5,000 fighters that will help evict Yoruba and Hausa citizens from the oil-rich region.

He made this known when speaking exclusively with The Punch Newspaper.

Read excerpt below:

Why did the Coalition of the Niger Delta Agitators choose October 1 as the deadline for Yoruba and Hausa to leave the Niger Delta region? Does it have anything to do with independence day?

Yes! We are aware that it is the day that Nigeria marks its independence, but that is also the day the northern youths (chose when they) issued their notice to quit to the Igbo. Let it be that the date that we got independence is the day we (will) go our different ways. We are doing this because of what they did to others. We feel that the notice to quit given to the Igbo was also given to us in Niger Delta. There is no way they (northerners) will be able to differentiate an Igbo man from the Ikwerre man from Rivers; the Itsekiri man and the Urhobo man. So, if they have given the Igbo a notice to quit, they have also given to us.

Why is your group asking two major tribes in Nigeria to leave the South-South?

The northerners are holding the Nigerian government and everybody to ransom. They have ruled this country for many years and almost all the oil blocks belong to them. To make things worse, the present government came in, sidelined other people and gave the major positions in the country to the northerners. The President of this country is from the North; the Secretary to the Government of the Federation is from the North; the Inspector General of Police is from the North; the Chief of Army Staff is from the North; the Chief of Staff to the President is from the North; the Minister of Petroleum is from the North; the Comptroller General of Customs is from the North, the Director General of the Department of State Services is also from the North. All the major positions are being occupied by the northerners.

So, if you believe in one Nigeria, why can’t we get some of these positions? The Senate President is from the North; the Speaker of the House of Representatives is from the North. All members of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation board are from the North. With this, how do you want the southerners who have oil to feel? They (northerners) don’t have oil.

You are talking about the northerners. Why did you also give the Yoruba an ultimatum to leave the Niger Delta region?

The Yoruba who come from the same South as us are the major managers of the oil companies. The cabals from the Yoruba make things worse for the Niger Delta people. If you look at Mobil, Chevron, Total — almost all the major oil companies — they are being controlled by the Yoruba. But they refuse to partner with us; they refuse to work with us and they are treating us as slaves. They help their people more than our own people. They are the ones that stopped the oil firms from relocating their headquarters to the Niger Delta. They hold the Nigerian economy to ransom. The Yoruba people have done everything possible since the Olusegun Obasanjo administration to stop other ports (other than the Lagos seaports) from functioning in Nigeria. We have seaports in Delta, Rivers and Calabar (Cross River). They are not working because of Yoruba interest. The Yoruba want everything to be in Lagos, Ogun states and the rest.

When the northerners asked some people to go, we felt that one day, they would also ask us to go. We cannot wait for them to ask us to go; we are asking them to leave. Again, you know that our first statement was directed to the northerners alone, but when we saw that the Yoruba said they wanted Oduduwa Republic, we had no choice than to support them.

If the ultimatum you gave to the Yoruba and Hausa expires and they are still in the region, what will your group do?

We are recruiting over 3,000 to 5,000 people that will fight this cause. We have already gone around all the Niger Delta states and our surveillance and intelligence teams are working very hard. They have all the information about their (Yoruba) businesses. We have all the information about their investments and we will start with that.

The post We Are Recruiting 5,000 Fighters To Evict Hausa, Yoruba From Niger Delta Region appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed2

Ghanaians Allegedly Kill Five Nigerians In Fresh Xenophobic Attack

Featured Image

An irate mob in Ghana has allegedly killed five Nigerians in a fresh xenophobic attack on citizens of Africa’s most powerful nation.

It is understood that the mob action was in reprisal to an incident where a Nigerian man was said to have stabbed a Ghanaian man to death, claiming the purported victim was a thief.

The Punch reports that the 48-year-old Thompson Peter was reported to have said he committed the act in self defence.

Although the Police in Sowutoum area of Ghana have arrested Peter, the incident has reportedly led to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians living in Ghana, with five persons killed in reprisal so far.

It was gathered that policemen who visited the alleged crime scene were also attacked and chased away by the protesting Ghanaians.

As posted on Facebook by one Ifeanyi Chukwuemeka who claimed to have studied at Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku, the Nigerian Ghana resident, Peter, allegedly stabbed Ghanaian 27-year-old Misbau Amadu in the head with a knife after a confrontation at his residence at about 10:00pm on Thursday, the online medium said.

Chukwuemeka continued: “The victim was rushed to the Mary Lucy Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctors.

“Inspector Kwabena Danso, Deputy Accra Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), said a week ago, Thompson Peter lodged a complaint at the Sowutoum Police Station that Misbau Amadu had broken into his apartment and stolen some items.

“After taking the statement of Thompson, the PRO said the police proceeded to the residence of Misbau Amadu with the intent of inviting him to the station to help investigate the claim but he was not available.

“Thompson said at about 9:00 pm last Thursday, Misbau came to his (Thomson’s) house, armed with a knife to attack him for reporting the case to the police. In the course of the fight, Thompson said he overpowered Misbau and stabbed him in self-defence.

“The matter is still under investigations,” Inspector Kwabena Danso posited. Meanwhile, crisis has allegedly broken out in the area, with many Nigerians being attacked.”

The post Ghanaians Allegedly Kill Five Nigerians In Fresh Xenophobic Attack appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed2