The Lagos State Police Command on Friday confirmed the arrest of a prominent Nigerian singer, Damini Ogulu alias Burna Boy, who was accused by a colleague, Mr. 2Kay of being behind his attack some months back.
In November, the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, had declared Burna Boy wanted after parading his manager and some of the suspects who allegedly fleeced and beat up 2Kay inside his room at Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island.
The gang leader of the suspected robbers, Tunmise Omotore, had also confessed on how they disguised as room service to rob Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites on the instruction of Burba Boy’s Road Manager, Joel Kantiock.
However, it is understood that the singer on Friday submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command.
According to a statement by the command’s spokesman, Chike Oti, a Superintendent of Police (SP), Burna Boy turned himself in at about 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
Oti said: “He was subsequently arrested, interrogated and detained and would have his day in court on Monday, December 18.”
After the interrogation, Edgal was quoted to have said that the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone, therefore, found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” the statement quoted Imohimi as saying.
Burna Boy earlier reaction:
The embattled Nigerian singer had earlier today reacted to allegations that he was behind the robbery of his colleague, Mr. 2kay.
I’ve tried to remain silent because as you all know, plenty talk no dey full basket but Today we go use bucket pack am. Lies and politics have surrounded my name this past few weeks but today you will hear THE TRUTH & I will start from the truth behind the SHOW “Postponement”
— Burna Boy (@burnaboy) December 14, 2017
After a deafening silence which has lasted over two months, Burna Boy, via his Twitter page, says he will “reveal the truth” and face the allegations.
He wrote: “I’ve tried to remain silent because as you all know, plenty talk no dey full basket. But today we go use bucket pack am.
“Lies and politics have surrounded my name this past few weeks but today you will hear THE TRUTH & I will start from the truth behind the SHOW “Postponement.”
The post Burna Boy Arrested, Interrogated And Detained | To Appear In Court On Monday (Photo) appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed