- Shkodran Mustafi has admitted Arsenal’s players feel responsible for the upcoming departure of Arsene Wenger, on the back of the club’s poor form.
- Tottenham’s players were left surprised by Mauricio Pochettino’s comments after Spurs’ defeat in the FA Cup on Saturday, which hinted that he could leave the club. For a number of players, his presence is fundamental to them staying with Spurs.
- Neil Harris says the way Millwall missed out on automatic promotion last season only to win the League 1 play-offs can stand them in good stead this year, with a place in the Championship’s top six a real possibility for his side.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson has said he would like to score before the end of the season – and says he would back himself to take a penalty if called upon by manager Pep Guardiola.
- Manchester United defender Eric Bailly was moving freely after their 2-1 win over Tottenham in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on Saturday, despite being left out of Jose Mourinho’s line-up for the game.
- Everton are likely to freshen up their U23 squad this week, with coach David Unsworth likely to confirm a number of summer departures. Among the replacements lined up, the Toffees are understood to be pressing ahead with a move for Sheffield Wednesday forward George Hirst.
- Everton are on the hunt for a new major member of their scouting team this summer, after Damian Matthew left the club to take up a role at Southend United once Chris Powell took over at the League 1 club.
- Luke Garbutt’s spell at Goodison Park looks to be over, after manager Sam Allardyce said the left-back’s “future is elsewhere”, having failed to make a first-team appearance for the Toffees in almost three years.
- Lazar Markovic has blasted Liverpool for pricing him out of a permanent move away from Anfield. The £20m signing has not played for the club since 2015, and told a Serbian outlet Liverpool had been asking for an “unrealistic” transfer fee to facilitate a move.
- Sunderland’s TV revenue will drop by 98 per cent following back-to-back relegations. The Black Cats picked up £93.4m in their Premier League season last year, but in League One will receive £1.5m over the course of the next campaign.
- Sunderland boss Chris Coleman confirmed he is yet to speak to Ellis Short since joining the club, a situation he said he had never encountered before during his time as a manager.
- Coleman will begin talks with out-of-contract players including Billy Jones and John O’Shea this week, after the Black Cats’ relegation was confirmed with defeat to Burton on Saturday.
- Glen Johnson fumed at Stoke’s inability to hold onto leads – having dropped 14 points from winning positions this season – but said the damage was done in their survival scrap far earlier in the campaign.
- Leicester City want Jamie Vardy to continue at the forefront of their attack – but reported talks of a new contract offer for the forward are premature, and will not take place until the summer.
- Reading manager Paul Clement has vowed to sort out his side’s disciplinary and fitness issues ahead of the final two games of the season, following their 3-0 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend.
- Norwich City have confirmed Wes Hoolahan will leave the Canaries at the end of the season, after 10 years and more than 300 appearances for the club.
The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossip This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed