LONDON EVENING STANDARD <!––>
- Chelsea have added Gianluigi Donnarumma to a three-man short-list including Kasper Schmeichel and Petr Cech as options to replace keeper Thibaut Courtois. The club are resigned to selling Courtois to Real Madrid for £35.5m but won’t let him go until they bring another goalkeeper.
- Daniele Rugani is set to become Maurizio Sarri’s second major signing following the arrival of Jorginho last weekend. The 23-year-old defender is set to be given a five-year contract worth £77,000-a-week when he moves from Juventus for a fee of around £44.2m.
- Everton boss Marco Silva has allayed concerns over Theo Walcott’s ankle injury – and hopes he will play some part in Portugal this weekend.
- Newcastle United made two contract offers to Rafa Benitez during the close season – but neither contained all of the assurances the former Liverpool boss feels are needed to take the club forward.
- Newcastle United have postponed an outgoing loan deal for Sean Longstaff, according to reports on the south coast.
- Cheltenham Town have rejected Sunderland’s bid for Mo Eisa. Sunderland submitted a bid of over £1million for the 24-year-old striker who the Black Cats have targeted to add firepower to their attack.
- Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has revealed the club could play a couple of trialists in their friendly against St Mirren on Saturday.
- West Brom will try and snap up goalkeeper Simon Moore for a fee ‘considerably less’ than what Sheffield United paid for him two years ago.
- Ipswich Town received a substantial bid thought to be from Birmingham City for Bartosz Bialkowski – but the goalkeeper didn’t want to leave. That’s according to the club’s manager Paul Hurst who secured the 31-year-old on a new long-term contract on Monday.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Wolves’ summer signing Raul Jimenez can’t wait to immerse himself in Nuno Espirito Santo’s style of football.
- Port Vale boss Neil Aspin is considering having another look at Cristian Montano as part of a back three after trying out the 26 year old in that role at Halifax on Tuesday.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Sofiane Boufal continues to be left out of Saints’ 2018/19 preparations, with the Moroccan searching for a move away to find regular football next season. The 24-year-old is not wanted by Saints manager Mark Hughes after the two allegedly had a bust-up last season following Boufal’s refusal to warm-up during a 3-2 defeat at St Mary’s in April.
- The youngsters who travelled with the Clarets first team to Ireland will remain with the senior set-up during the early weeks of pre-season.
- Islam Slimani is close to returning to Sporting Lisbon on loan, according to reports in Portugal.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Cardiff City remain hopeful of sealing a deal for Marko Grujic this summer, but progress on confirming a second consecutive loan spell in South Wales has so far been frustratingly slow.
- Owner Alan Hardy has not ruled out making a “special signing” before the loan window closes as he admitted Notts County’s permanent transfer business is finished.
THE PINK UN
- Norwich head coach Daniel Farke feels there could be a final twist to City’s summer trading – with potentially two out and two in.
- Martin Braithwaite is due to return to Rockliffe Park next week, Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis has confirmed. The striker was on World Cup duty in Russia with Denmark so has been allowed to report back after his club-mates.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton remain in the hunt for Bradford City striker Charlie Wyke despite his escalating price tag, The Bolton News understands.
- Lee Clark has admitted he showed “poor judgement” taking on the manager’s job at Blackpool and speculated where his stock would be now had he not taken on the role.
- Brighton are keen on Sheffield United centre-back Jack O’Connell as they aim to finalise their squad for the new Premier League season.
- Brighton are weighing up loan moves for their younger players – including Jordan Maguire-Drew.
- Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder expects to shortly discover if several of his transfer targets, including Sam Gallagher and Ben Woodburn, will be allowed to leave their parent clubs on loan.
The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossip This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed