MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester United rejected the chance to sign Atletico Madrid playmaker Saul Niguez three years ago, according to Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- David Seaman believes Mesut Ozil should remain a regular starter for Arsenal even if he doesn’t play well in every game because the midfielder is a “quality player” and cares about the club.
- Jurgen Klopp has admitted he does not like leaving out summer signing Fabinho from his Liverpool squad, but hinted the Brazil international is unlikely to make his debut at Tottenham this weekend.
- Everton have been handed an injury boost ahead of this weekend’s visit of West Ham as Yerry Mina – who has yet to make an appearance for the club – has joined first team training.
- Rolando Aarons has vowed to let his football do the talking during his loan stint with Slovan Liberec.
- Jack Ross says new contracts for young talents such as Josh Maja and Denver Hume are now ‘top of the agenda’ as Sunderland look to ward off any potential suitors.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers are reportedly keeping tabs on Benfica midfielder Pizzi ahead of the January transfer window.
- Albert Adomah still has a part to play in Aston Villa’s promotion push despite the loan deadline day chaos.
- Ritchie De Laet has sent a thank you message to Aston Villa fans after he departed for a season-long loan at Melbourne City.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Free agent Wes Hoolahan is set to join West Brom on a short-term contract after impressing on trial over the international break.
- Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong looks certain to be on the move next summer amid talk of a big-money transfer to one of Europe’s biggest clubs.
- Chelsea have the option to recall Mason Mount from his loan at Derby, but only if he fails to play a certain number of games.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Manolo Gabbiadini is on standby to make his first Premier League start of the season in Southampton’s Monday night trip to Brighton.
- Harry Maguire does not have a release clause in his new Leicester City contract, manager Claude Puel have revealed.
- Brighton fans will get their first look at summer signing Florin Andone, with the Romanian due to run out for the club’s U23s against West Ham on Friday.
- Burnley have taken the option to extend Steven Defour’s contract that will keep the midfielder at Turf Moor until the summer of 2020.
- Neil Warnock hinted that Cardiff City could chase the loan signature of Chelsea and Wales starlet Ethan Ampadu in January.
- Burton Albion have signed former Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov on a short-term deal.
- Leigh Griffiths has vowed to help Celtic complete 10-in-a-row after agreeing a new four-year deal that will keep him at Parkhead until 2022.
- Celtic new boys Filip Benkovic and Youssouf Mulumbu are both in contention for Friday night’s clash against St Mirren.
The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossip This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed