MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are ready to wait until the summer to sign a defensive midfielder, meaning they will not pursue Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong or Wolves’ Ruben Neves in January
- Pep Guardiola is eyeing a move for Nathan Ake in the January transfer window, but Manchester City fans have been unanimous in agreeing that Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake is not good enough to play for the club.
- Tahith Chong trained with the Manchester United first-team ahead of their Champions League group game with Juventus but Alexis Sanchez sat out as youngsters Thomas Sang and Zak Dearnley also featured.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Slavisa Jokanovic will hold crunch talks with Fulham owner Shahid Khan in London this week.
- Andy Robertson believes the ability Liverpool have developed, of being able to win games while not playing at their best, proves they will challenge for the Premier League title this season.
- Liverpool youngster Bobby Duncan is attracting the interest of current Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund.
- Aston Villa missed out on several of their first choice transfer targets in the summer due to Tony Xia’s financial crisis, including Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn.
- Recalled defender Neil Taylor is hoping his return to the Aston Villa first-team will help revive his Wales career.
- Birmingham will hope to have Charlie Lakin available for selection at some stage this week, though there is still no scheduled return date for either Isaac Vassell or David Davis.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Russell Martin signed for Walsall despite interest from some of League One’s biggest clubs after making a promise to manager Dean Keates.
- Arsenal’s head of football Raul Sanllehi has given an insight into how transfer business is now carried out at the Emirates following Arsene Wenger’s departure, saying they have “have a full team of professionals looking into the market, analysing the possibilities and the players.”
- Gonzalo Higuain has revealed that he didn’t join Chelsea in the summer as only Maurizio Sarri wanted him at Stamford Bridge
- Former Crystal Palace midfielder Shaun Derry says it would be “immense” if his old side could sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek from Chelsea in January.
- Gary Monk says Stoke must be more ruthless in front of the opposition goal and less generous when it comes to defending their own.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Ben Woodburn’s club career has stuttered of late, so much so that he returned to Liverpool’s Under-23s at the weekend due to his lack of game-time with Sheffield United.
- Blackburn Rovers star Bradley Dack is hopeful of earning his first senior England call-up, just like Derby County’s Mason Mount.
- Striker Jamie Ward hopes his temporary stay at Charlton Athletic will go beyond January, admitting that he’s enjoying his time in the capital.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Chris Martin has been backed to solve Hull City’s attacking problems, despite his ongoing drought in the Championship.
- Burnley boss Sean Dyche revealed Robbie Brady will feature for the club’s Under-23 side on Monday as he steps up his return from a knee injury.
NORWICH EVENING NEWS
- “Bring it on” is Daniel Farke’s message if Championship rivals are starting to sit up and take notice of his soaring Norwich City side.
- Chris Wilder, the Sheffield United manager, insisted he will always “tell it like it is” after refusing to protect his players from the harsh reality of life at the top of the Championship.
EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS
- Hearts manager Craig Levein plans to approach Burnley in an attempt to extend Jimmy Dunne’s loan spell.
The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.
Source: New feed