Great Players Like Paul Pogba Always Welcome At Juventus – Blaise Matuidi

Featured Image

Juan Mata praised Manchester United team-mate Paul Pogba, calling the midfielder one of the best in the wake of his sensational performance against Chelsea.

Blaise Matuidi would like to see fellow Frenchman Paul Pogba join him at Juventus, with the Manchester United midfielder told that “great players” are always welcome in Turin.

World Cup winner Pogba previously spent four years on the books of the Serie A champions.

He decided to retrace his steps to Old Trafford in the summer of 2016, with an £89 million ($115m) deal returning him to English football.

That move has not gone as planned, with Pogba having faced questions of his form throughout a three-season stint in Manchester, and transfer talk has been sparked around him once more.

Real Madrid are considered to be heading the queue if a deal is to be done, but a second spell at Juventus has also been mooted for the 26-year-old.

Matuidi claims the Bianconeri would happily throw open their doors again to a former favourite, with the France international telling La Stampa of links to Pogba: “All great players are welcome here: I wish him the best and hope he makes the right decision.

“Only he knows his situation and knows how good he really is.”

Were Pogba to secure a switch to Italy this summer, then he would be given the chance to line up alongside Matuidi in 2019-20 as the 32-year-old insists he is going nowhere.

Quizzed on his own future, the combative midfielder said: “I’m happy at Juve, I feel at home and I have no problems.

“I’m staying 100 percent and [Mino] Raiola will take care of my renewal. He knows more than anyone.”

While planning to stay put once the current campaign comes to a close, Matuidi is hoping that the same decision will be taken by Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Questions are being asked of his future, amid links to leading sides across Europe, but he retains the full sport of those he has guided to another Serie A title triumph.

Matuidi said of his boss heading into the final two games of the season: “Allegri’s done a great job here and I hope he stays. He’s shown great quality and he’s a great coach.

“We have to think about playing and having a good game on Sunday night at the stadium against Atalanta to celebrate the Scudetto.

“We’d like to give a good impression of ourselves because we have to finish well so we can celebrate the Scudetto in front of our fans.”

The post Great Players Like Paul Pogba Always Welcome At Juventus – Blaise Matuidi appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Manchester City Hit Back Over UEFA Ban Reports

Featured Image

Manchester City have hit back over reports they are facing a one-year ban from the Champions League.

The Premier League champions are concerned their “good faith” in UEFA’s investigation into their financial affairs could be “misplaced” following the claims.

UEFA launched a formal investigation into City in March following allegations made by German publication Der Spiegel that the club breached its Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

The claims were based on documents purportedly obtained by whistleblowers Football Leaks.

City, who secured their fourth Premier League title in eight seasons against Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday, welcomed the investigation “as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails”.

Their March 7 statement added: “The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false.”

A report by the New York Times on Monday said members of the investigatory chamber (IC) of UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body would recommend a one-season ban from the Champions League.

Chief investigator Yves Leterme will pass any recommendation on to UEFA’s adjudicatory chamber, which would have to decide whether it agreed any proposed punishment was suitable.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, City maintained it was cooperating fully with UEFA’s investigation and urged a commitment to due process.

“Manchester City FC is fully cooperating in good faith with the CFCB IC’s ongoing investigation,” the statement read.

“In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC’s independence and commitment to due process; and on UEFA’s commitment of March 7 that it will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing.

“The New York Times report citing ‘people familiar with the case’ is therefore extremely concerning.

“The implications are that either Manchester City’s good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club’s reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.

“Manchester City’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

“The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC.”

The latest online version of the New York Times article does not contain any reference to “people familiar with the case”.

It is understood UEFA is unlikely to offer a public comment on either the reports or City’s statement while the investigation is ongoing.

City were punished for violating FFP rules in 2014 and operated with a spending cap and a reduced squad size for the 2014-15 UEFA season.

In January, former Belgian Prime Minister Leterme told Sport and Strategy magazine in his homeland that City should face a competition ban, if claims the club topped up multi-million pound sponsorship deals with Abu Dhabi companies using the personal fortune of owner Sheikh Mansour were proved to be true.

“If what has been written about Manchester City is true, there might be a serious problem,” Leterme said.

“This can lead to the heaviest punishment – exclusion from UEFA competitions.”

FIFA, the Premier League and the Football Association (FA) are also undertaking investigations into City’s operations in relation to various aspects of the Football Leaks allegations.

The post Manchester City Hit Back Over UEFA Ban Reports appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips This Evening

Featured Image

LONDON EVENING STANDARD

  • Barcelona are considering Ronald Koeman and Erik ten Hag for the managerial role at Camp Nou next season but current coach Ernesto Valverde could yet continue for a third season at the Catalan club.
  • Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon wants to join Tottenham over Manchester United this summer.
  • Mesut Ozil has played down the chance of him leaving Arsenal this summer.

MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS

  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Manchester United’s coaching set-up will remain as it is for the 2019-20 campaign.
  • The former Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra is being linked with a return to English football.

LIVERPOOL ECHO

  • Manchester City claim they have provided “comprehensive proof” that they haven’t broken UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules, as the prospect of being banned from the Champions League looms over them.
  • Everton could send Jonjoe Kenny out on loan next season.

NEWCASTLE CHRONICLE

  • Steve Harper has stepped down from his post as Newcastle United’s goalkeeping coach with the club’s Academy.
  • Sunderland are close to sealing a deal that would see former Celtic talent spotter John Park join the club’s transfer team ahead of the summer transfer window.

THE DAILY ECHO

  • Nathan Redmond has been told he is one of a handful of core players Ralph Hasenhuttl wants to build his new look Southampton side around.

WATFORD OBSERVER

  • Bermuda U20 international Kane Crichlow has signed for Watford Under 23s on a two-year contract, the club has confirmed.
  • Javi Gracia currently has no plans to switch Watford for Spain, although the head coach admits he will return to his home country one day in the future.

LEICESTER MERCURY

  • Former Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez is happy at Manchester City, despite limited opportunities this season.

HUDDERSFIELD EXAMINER

  • New Schalke coach David Wagner is planning to take Huddersfield Town defender Mathias Jorgensen to the Bundesliga.

THE ARGUS

  • Brighton have yet to receive permission from Swansea to open talks with new manager target Graham Potter.

YORKSHIRE EVENING POST

  • Marcelo Bielsa has named Pontus Jansson as Leeds United’s top performer this season.

SOUTH WALES EVENING POST

  • Chris Coleman is battling to save his job in the Far East after angry fans of struggling Hebei China Fortune turned on the former Wales manager demanding the club fire him.

DERBY TELEGRAPH

  • Derby County transfer ‘target’ Christian Walton has said he is open to a return to Wigan Athletic.

EVENING GAZETTE

  • Middlesbrough are weighing up a move for speedy Dutch winger Sheraldo Becker.

HULL DAILY MAIL

  • Hull City could be forced to let star winger Kamil Grosicki leave the KCOM Stadium on a free transfer this summer in a bid to cut costs ahead of the 2019-20 season.

NORWICH EVENING NEWS

  • Timm Klose has other options but admitted a Premier League return with Norwich City tops his list.

The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips This Evening appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Chelsea Youngster Martell Taylor-Crossdale Set To Join Hoffenheim After Snubbing New Contract

Featured Image

Young Chelsea striker Martell Taylor-Crossdale will head to Germany later this week for a medical ahead of a permanent move to Bundesliga club Hoffenheim.

The 19-year old east Londoner was top scorer in the U18 Premier league in 2017 and has scored goals for England from U16 through to U20 level. He was also a member of the England U18 team that lifted the Toulon Tournament trophy in 2017.

According to Sky Sports Chelsea made an initial offer to keep the teenager before it was agreed he could leave the club on a free transfer.

However, it appears as if Martell Taylor-Crossdale will make the move to the Bundesliga in the summer, and will hope to emulate the likes of Jadon Sancho and Reiss Nelson’s progression next season.

It’s understood Hoffenheim are also likely to sign another, as yet unnamed English youngster before the end of the month.

The post Chelsea Youngster Martell Taylor-Crossdale Set To Join Hoffenheim After Snubbing New Contract appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Timo Werner Linked To Liverpool By RB Leipzig Chief Executive Oliver Mintzlaff

Featured Image

RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff says Timo Werner’s mooted move to Bayern Munich is not as clear-cut as some have made out. 

Werner, who has scored 16 goals in 30 Bundesliga appearances this season, is out of contract in June 2020.

And although Bayern Munich are thought to be keen on the former Stuttgart frontman, Mintzlaff has hinted that he could shun the Bavarians’ interest.

“The situation is still the same. Timo Werner would rather not sign an extension,” he said.

“But that could change. I don’t think it’s completely out of the question that he could extend his deal. We haven’t talked to Bayern Munich about Timo Werner yet.

“Maybe he doesn’t even want to go to Munich. Maybe he would rather join [Thomas] Tuchel in Paris, [Jurgen] Klopp at Liverpool or [Lucien] Favre at Dortmund.”

Liverpool will turn their attention to the Champions League final after concluding their Premier League campaign with a 2-0 victory over Wolves on Sunday.

The post Timo Werner Linked To Liverpool By RB Leipzig Chief Executive Oliver Mintzlaff appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Manchester United ‘Desperate’ To Sign Ivan Rakitic

Featured Image

Manchester United are prepared to rival Inter Milan in a bid to sign Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic, according to Mundo Deportivo. 

The Croatia international is under contract until 2021 but fears his place in the starting line-up has come under threat with younger stars Arthur and Frenkie de Jong expected to play a prominent role next season.

The report says United are worried that Rakitic has already agreed terms with Inter Milan. The Serie A side were after his international teammate, Luka Modric, for the majority of the last summer and it seems they have no changed their targets to the Barça man.

The post Manchester United ‘Desperate’ To Sign Ivan Rakitic appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed

Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today

Featured Image
  • Manchester United are targeting a £125m double deal for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly and Lille winger Nicholas Pepe.
  • Manchester United will also target Adrien Rabiot on a free transfer when his PSG contract expires.
  • Brighton want Graham Potter as their new coach but also like England Women’s boss Phil Neville.
  • Tony Pulis is to meet Steve Gibson, the Middlesbrough chairman, for talks to resolve his future this week, with the manager, whose contract expires this summer, expected to leave his role at the Riverside Stadium.
  • Tottenham are in pole position to land Ryan Sessegnon, although Paris Saint-Germain retain an interest.
  • Pep Guardiola is targeting as many as four new faces to keep Manchester City on top in a spree that could reach £200m.
  • Neil Warnock is expected to stay on as Cardiff manager after holding positive talks with the club’s hierarchy.
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cancelled an end-of-season review with his Manchester United flops on Monday after finally running out of patience with them.
  • Everton have been offered the chance to sign Inter Milan midfielder Joao Mario.
  • Manchester United have agreed to sign 14-year-old Norwegian prospect Isak Hansen-Aaroen.
  • The Football Association is looking into Everton defender Yerry Mina’s appearance in a promotional advert for a betting company.
  • Liverpool and Tottenham’s players are keen for UEFA Nations League action with England, despite playing in the Champions League final.
  • Andy Robertson has warned Manchester City to expect another fierce fight to retain their crown after declaring that Liverpool are poised to challenge again and again.
  • Jan Vertonghen is confident he will be fit for the Champions League final against Liverpool.
  • Leicester are in talks to tie up a quick-fire deal for £40m-rated Monaco midfield star Youri Tielemans.
  • Chris Hughton was brutally axed by Brighton because owner Tony Bloom did not trust him to spend any more money.
  • Gareth Bale has been offered back to Tottenham in a £10m loan, with Real Madrid desperate to offload the Welshman.
  • West Ham defender Arthur Masuaku is being tracked by Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund.
  • Arsenal are ready to reward Matteo Guendouzi’s impressive first season at the Emirates with a bumper new £75,000-a-week contract.
  • Rangers could move for Jurgen Klinsmann’s goalie son Jonathan.
  • Ex-Swansea and Besiktas manager Carlos Carvalhal wants the Celtic job.
  • Charlie Adam will throw his hat into the ring for the Dundee job – if the board are willing to go down the player-manager route.
  • Celtic were counting the cost of Sunday’s Old Firm thumping yesterday after it emerged striker Odsonne Edouard is one of three players now sweating over their fitness ahead of the Scottish Cup Final.
  • Rangers are targeting a summer move for highly-rated Oldham defender George Edmundson.

The post Football Papers: All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossips Today appeared first on 360Nobs.com.

Source: New feed